Telecom Field Engineer
SCG Wales are a well-established, award-winning Telecommunications Company based in Bridgend. Our primary focus is to ensure the best customer service for our customers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated individual to join our thriving organisation as a Telecom Field Engineer. As a member of the SCG Wales engineering team you will have excellent customer service skills matched with a practical and solution-based approach to all customer requirements.
You will have had at least 2 years’ experience working with business PBX systems with the ability to carry out installations, offer end-user training and guidance, troubleshoot and support PBX solutions. You will be comfortable working as part of a team as well as on your own to deliver great customer service.
About the role: You will be:
- Installing PBX/Hosted telephone systems to our clients
- Delivering training to our clients on their PBX/Hosted telephone system
- Working with various departments throughout the company to ensure the best customer experience for our clients
- Attending client sites to resolve faults when they are raised to our in-house support team
- Developing your knowledge on our products and services to be able to recommend solutions to our clients
- Providing 1st class customer service to all customers both face to face and over the phone.
- Experience of installing PBX/Hosted telephone systems
- Infrastructure installation skills inc CAT5, CAT6, CW1308
- Experience of working with Internet connectivity
- Experience of working with Analog lines, Multi Line, ISDN + SIP
- Cabling fault finding skills, inc cable tracing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills
- IT skills inc MS Office, Excel, Word, Outlook etc
- Ability to work to deadlines with good time management
- Based in South Wales
- Full UK driving license
Desired but not essential:
- Knowledge of networking inc DHCP, SIP, network Packet tracing etc.
If you have a “can do” attitude, ready for your next career move and are passionate about technology and customer service then this is the role for you.
Company vehicle, mobile phone & laptop Will be provided